Search the library catalogue by following the link and selecting your school.
Epic! for Educators
Access thousands of popular, high-quality books for K-5, free for elementary teachers and librarians.
The following literary databases cover a range of topics and allow the user to research genres and authors, as well as search for new reading material. The databases are subscription based and will require a password for home use. Visit the Computers in Education conference in First Class and search for Gale Passwords, or email Bev Bellrose at firstname.lastname@example.org
Books & Authors
Books & Authors offers new ways to explore the endless possibilities and combinations of books, authors, genres and topics. This database will allow you to read about new books, create reading lists, browse your favourite genres and much more.
Gale Literary Sources
With this database you can research authors and their works, literary movements and genres. Search across your library’s Literature databases to find full texts of literary works, journal articles, literature criticism, reviews, biographical information and overviews.
Literature Resource Center
The Literature Resource Center will help you will find up-to-date biographical information, overviews, full-text literary criticism and reviews on more than 130,000 writers in all disciplines.. from all time periods around the world!
Library and Reading Resources
- The American Library Association celebrates the best in children’s literature through its various award programs including the Caldecott and Newberry Medals.
- The First Nation Communities Read program, sponsored by the Ontario Library Service, celebrates the best authors and illustrators of First Nation, Metis or Inuit heritage.
- Foster a love of reading through the OLA’s Forest of Reading Program. Form a book club, read books as a class or simply enjoy the wonderful titles by Canadian authors.
- YALSA, the young adult division of the American Library Association produces a number of book lists and awards suitable for teen readers. Includes Quick Picks for Reluctant Readers and more.
Digital Story Telling
- Kathy Schrock’s Guide to Everything. Kathy has rounded up some of the best digital story telling resources out there.